Disgusting pile of fly tipped rubbish blocks bridleway
- Credit: Archant
Residents of a small village near Lowestoft were shocked when they encountered a disgusting example of fly tipping.
Photos of the illegal dump on Wood Lane, Camps Heath, show soft toy monkeys hanging from trees above a huge pile of wood, electrical equipment and other assorted rubbish.
Denise Gilbert, who discovered the dump, said: 'I was angered to see such a huge pile of rubbish! A beautiful bridleway spoiled.'
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'We are appalled by this selfish incident and flagrant disregard for other people and the local environment.
'There is no excuse and we have sent our enforcement team to gather evidence which could possibly lead to the identification of the perpetrators.
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Our cleansing team is also on site, removing this illegal tip and the area will shortly be returned to normal.'
Fly tipping is a criminal offence which, if serious enough, can lead to an unlimited fine and up to five years in jail for perpetrators.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 6 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences