Disgusting pile of fly tipped rubbish blocks bridleway
- Credit: Archant
Residents of a small village near Lowestoft were shocked when they encountered a disgusting example of fly tipping.
Photos of the illegal dump on Wood Lane, Camps Heath, show soft toy monkeys hanging from trees above a huge pile of wood, electrical equipment and other assorted rubbish.
Denise Gilbert, who discovered the dump, said: 'I was angered to see such a huge pile of rubbish! A beautiful bridleway spoiled.'
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'We are appalled by this selfish incident and flagrant disregard for other people and the local environment.
'There is no excuse and we have sent our enforcement team to gather evidence which could possibly lead to the identification of the perpetrators.
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Our cleansing team is also on site, removing this illegal tip and the area will shortly be returned to normal.'
Fly tipping is a criminal offence which, if serious enough, can lead to an unlimited fine and up to five years in jail for perpetrators.
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft