Disgusting pile of fly tipped rubbish blocks bridleway
- Credit: Archant
Residents of a small village near Lowestoft were shocked when they encountered a disgusting example of fly tipping.
Photos of the illegal dump on Wood Lane, Camps Heath, show soft toy monkeys hanging from trees above a huge pile of wood, electrical equipment and other assorted rubbish.
Denise Gilbert, who discovered the dump, said: 'I was angered to see such a huge pile of rubbish! A beautiful bridleway spoiled.'
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'We are appalled by this selfish incident and flagrant disregard for other people and the local environment.
'There is no excuse and we have sent our enforcement team to gather evidence which could possibly lead to the identification of the perpetrators.
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Our cleansing team is also on site, removing this illegal tip and the area will shortly be returned to normal.'
Fly tipping is a criminal offence which, if serious enough, can lead to an unlimited fine and up to five years in jail for perpetrators.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 5 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft