Disgusting pile of fly tipped rubbish blocks bridleway
- Credit: Archant
Residents of a small village near Lowestoft were shocked when they encountered a disgusting example of fly tipping.
Photos of the illegal dump on Wood Lane, Camps Heath, show soft toy monkeys hanging from trees above a huge pile of wood, electrical equipment and other assorted rubbish.
Denise Gilbert, who discovered the dump, said: 'I was angered to see such a huge pile of rubbish! A beautiful bridleway spoiled.'
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'We are appalled by this selfish incident and flagrant disregard for other people and the local environment.
'There is no excuse and we have sent our enforcement team to gather evidence which could possibly lead to the identification of the perpetrators.
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Our cleansing team is also on site, removing this illegal tip and the area will shortly be returned to normal.'
Fly tipping is a criminal offence which, if serious enough, can lead to an unlimited fine and up to five years in jail for perpetrators.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 5 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 6 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 9 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 10 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed