Distraction burglars steal cash from OAPs
TWO men posing as water company workers stole cash from elderly women in two separate burglaries in Lowestoft.Poilce are now appealing for information on the two incidents, which both happened in Highland Way, on Friday afternoon.
TWO men posing as water company workers stole cash from elderly women in two separate burglaries in the same Lowestoft street.
Police are now appealing for information on the two incidents, which both happened in Highland Way, on Friday afternoon.
The first happened between 2pm and 3pm when two men called at the home of an elderly woman. They claimed to be working further down the road for the water supplier and needed to turn off her her stop-cock to reduce water pressure.
They entered the property and one the men accompanied the woman to the kitchen. Later on cash was found to be missing from a purse.
You may also want to watch:
The first man was in his 20s, 5ft 10 ins tall, of slim build with short black hair. He was wearing blue clothing. The second male was in his early 20s, 5ft 6 ins tall, of slim build with a shaved head.
At about 2.30pm, a man was seen outside a second property on Highland Way by the elderly woman living there. He told her he needed to check the water pressure and went into the kitchen and ran the taps. A second man was seen outside the house, tapping the walls.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
Cash was later found to be missing from a bedroom.
The first man was white, in his 20s or 30s, quite tall, of slim build with light brown, scruffy hair. He was wearing blue overalls. The second man was wearing a light brown jacket.