Distraction burglars steal cash from OAPs
TWO men posing as water company workers stole cash from elderly women in two separate burglaries in Lowestoft.Poilce are now appealing for information on the two incidents, which both happened in Highland Way, on Friday afternoon.
TWO men posing as water company workers stole cash from elderly women in two separate burglaries in the same Lowestoft street.
Police are now appealing for information on the two incidents, which both happened in Highland Way, on Friday afternoon.
The first happened between 2pm and 3pm when two men called at the home of an elderly woman. They claimed to be working further down the road for the water supplier and needed to turn off her her stop-cock to reduce water pressure.
They entered the property and one the men accompanied the woman to the kitchen. Later on cash was found to be missing from a purse.
You may also want to watch:
The first man was in his 20s, 5ft 10 ins tall, of slim build with short black hair. He was wearing blue clothing. The second male was in his early 20s, 5ft 6 ins tall, of slim build with a shaved head.
At about 2.30pm, a man was seen outside a second property on Highland Way by the elderly woman living there. He told her he needed to check the water pressure and went into the kitchen and ran the taps. A second man was seen outside the house, tapping the walls.
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 4 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 5 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 6 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 7 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 8 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 9 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
- 10 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
Cash was later found to be missing from a bedroom.
The first man was white, in his 20s or 30s, quite tall, of slim build with light brown, scruffy hair. He was wearing blue overalls. The second man was wearing a light brown jacket.