Do you have a picture perfect pet?
- Credit: Archant © 2012
It's time for pets in the Lowestoft and Southwold areas to take centre stage!
Once again, The Journal is on the lookout for top cats, dynamic dogs and, this year, other photogenic pets to be entered into our popular Pets on Parade competition.
We have teamed up with Picture Studios, in London Road North, and All Pets, in Bevan Street East, to find the cutest canines, most fabulous felines and the area's other most adorable pets.
As in previous years, there is an opportunity on offer to win some great prizes.
And this year we have an extra category for other pets – from rabbits to reptiles and parrots to hamsters.
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of readers' votes flooded into The Journal's office for the cats and dogs featured in last year's closely-fought competition and the battle for the top spots is once again likely to be fierce.
So to ensure your pet has a chance of emulating last year's winners, you will need to enter your pet by filling in the form on this page and booking your pet in to have its photo taken at Picture Studios for the week beginning Monday, February 3.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
All the photographs will appear in The Journal in the very near future, along with a form allowing people to vote for their favourite.
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each.
The owners of the dog which polls the most votes will win a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190, from Picture Studios – plus a £15 voucher from All Pets.
The winners of the cats category will receive the same prizes. the winners of the other pets category will win the canvas wrap portrait and a £10 All Pets voucher.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in framed portraits, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits (worth £46) for those in third-place.
?Entry forms appeared in last week's Journal, this Friday's (January 24) Journal, again on january 31 and also in the Waveney Advertiser. Simply book to have your pet's picture taken by ringing 01502 573154, or drop into Picture Studios at 117, London Road North, Lowestoft. The entry form MUST be handed over to Picture Studios staff before the photos are taken. Early booking is recommended.