Do you have a picture perfect pet?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It's time for pets in the Lowestoft and Southwold areas to take centre stage!
Once again, The Journal is on the lookout for the cutest canines, fabulous felines and the area's other photogenic pets to be entered into our popular Pets on Parade competition.
We have teamed up with Picture Studios, in Lowestoft town centre, to launch this year's contest once more – and as in previous years, there is an opportunity on offer to win some great prizes.
After hundreds of readers' votes flooded into The Journal's office for the pets featured in last year's closely-fought competition, the battle for the top spots is once again likely to be fierce.
Last February, we published a special pull-out featuring pictures of 95 pets who all entered the competition in the hope of being crowned as the 2015 Pets on Parade champions.
You may also want to watch:
So to ensure your pet has a chance of emulating last year's winners, you will need to enter your pet by filling in the form in today's Journal and booking your pet in to have its photo taken at Picture Studios for the week beginning Monday, February 1.
All of the photographs will appear in The Journal in the very near future, along with a form allowing people to vote for their favourite.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 Coastal Post Office branch to close for four weeks
- 10 Police plea after scooter stolen from town centre
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each.
The owners of the dog which polls the most votes will win a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190, from Picture Studios.
The winners of the cats category will receive the same prize and the winners of the other pets category will also win the canvas wrap portrait.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in framed portraits, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits (worth £46) for those in third-place.
Simply book to have your pet's picture taken by ringing 01502 573154, or drop into Picture Studios at 117, London Road North, Lowestoft. The entry form MUST be handed over to Picture Studios staff before the photos are taken. Early booking is recommended.