WATCH: Ollie the dog’s lucky escape following 30ft fall down well
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews performed a sensational rescue operation after a dog fell down a well.
Firefighters from Lowestoft South were called yesterday afternoon following reports that a dog had fallen 30 feet down a brick well in Blaxhall.
One of the firefighters plunged in using a rescue line to pluck Ollie, a three-year-old cockapoo, from the bottom of the well.
A vet was also in attendance to check Ollie's condition.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday