WATCH: Ollie the dog’s lucky escape following 30ft fall down well
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews performed a sensational rescue operation after a dog fell down a well.
Firefighters from Lowestoft South were called yesterday afternoon following reports that a dog had fallen 30 feet down a brick well in Blaxhall.
One of the firefighters plunged in using a rescue line to pluck Ollie, a three-year-old cockapoo, from the bottom of the well.
A vet was also in attendance to check Ollie's condition.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew