Double joy for Val as photo of two hares wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photo of two brown hares taking refuge down the furrows of a colourful field at Raveningham, has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
Val Bond, 51 from Carlton Colville, used her Canon 7d camera with a Tamron 600 zoom lens, to capture the snap on Bank Holiday Monday.
She said: 'I had to be very patient to get this shot and then all of a sudden two brown hares appeared down the furrow. You have to be very quick before they spot you.
'I am very happy to win I love entering competitions and the anticipation of it all. The reason I like this particular image is the fact there are two hares and the bright yellow colour of the oil seed rape really lifts it.'
As our winner, Val receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home