Double joy for Val as photo of two hares wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photo of two brown hares taking refuge down the furrows of a colourful field at Raveningham, has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
Val Bond, 51 from Carlton Colville, used her Canon 7d camera with a Tamron 600 zoom lens, to capture the snap on Bank Holiday Monday.
She said: 'I had to be very patient to get this shot and then all of a sudden two brown hares appeared down the furrow. You have to be very quick before they spot you.
'I am very happy to win I love entering competitions and the anticipation of it all. The reason I like this particular image is the fact there are two hares and the bright yellow colour of the oil seed rape really lifts it.'
As our winner, Val receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
Email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday