Double murder victims named
Ben KendallThe man and woman killed in a suspected double murder have been named by police.The bodies of Kenneth Snell, 65, from Cringleford, and Karen Brown, 39, from South Norfolk, were found at Mr Snell's house in Brettingham Avenue shortly after 9pm on Saturday.Ben Kendall
The man and woman killed in a suspected double murder have been named by police.
The bodies of Kenneth Snell, 65, from Cringleford, and Karen Brown, 39, from South Norfolk, were found at Mr Snell's house in Brettingham Avenue shortly after 9pm on Saturday.
A post-mortem examination has revealed that both victims died from stab wounds.
The joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team continues to investigate the incident.
A 44 year old man arrested on suspicion of both murders remains in police custody and continues to be interviewed in relation to this matter.
Det Chief Insp Jes Fry, who is leading the investigation, said: 'I would like to re-assure local residents and community of Cringleford that this tragic incident presented no threat to the public at large and that all parties involved in this incident were known to each other.'
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' - Warning issued after cliff fall
- 2 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 5 Three-bed flat on Lowestoft beach with sea views on sale for £400k
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Southwold woman saved cyclist's life after crashing into river
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 10 Comedian Andy Parsons to perform at two coastal towns in the same night
Referring to reports in some national papers, Mr Fry said: 'Contrary to some press reports, it is important to note that no firearms were involved in this incident.'