Double sporting success for Ormiston Denes Academy in handball contests
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft high school is celebrating a top double.
The annual north Suffolk school sports U15 handball competition was held yesterday (Tuesday) at Ormiston Denes Academy (ODA) – and it was the hosts who triumphed in both the boys and girls contests.
In the boys competition ODA started with a 7-0 win over the Benjamin Britten Music Academy, before the girls match between the two schools ended with a 3-2 win to ODA.
Pakefield High and BBMA girls then battled out a good draw before a tense penalty shoot out eventually saw Pakefield triumph.
It led to a Pakefield versus ODA play off in the girls competition – with the ODA captain scoring five goals to secure the championships for a second successive year.
You may also want to watch:
The boys event concluded with a Pakefield versus ODA final, which the hosts dominated - meaning both ODA teams go through to the county finals later this month.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise