Double sporting success for Ormiston Denes Academy in handball contests
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft high school is celebrating a top double.
The annual north Suffolk school sports U15 handball competition was held yesterday (Tuesday) at Ormiston Denes Academy (ODA) – and it was the hosts who triumphed in both the boys and girls contests.
In the boys competition ODA started with a 7-0 win over the Benjamin Britten Music Academy, before the girls match between the two schools ended with a 3-2 win to ODA.
Pakefield High and BBMA girls then battled out a good draw before a tense penalty shoot out eventually saw Pakefield triumph.
It led to a Pakefield versus ODA play off in the girls competition – with the ODA captain scoring five goals to secure the championships for a second successive year.
You may also want to watch:
The boys event concluded with a Pakefield versus ODA final, which the hosts dominated - meaning both ODA teams go through to the county finals later this month.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'