Vibrant close-up shot of resting dragonfly wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful close-up shot of a dragonfly during a rare moment of rest has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 62-year-old Rosemarie Barnard from Oulton Broad using her Canon 100D camera at North Cove wildlife reserve.
She said: 'We were looking for birds but there were loads of dragonflies around.
'I decided to focus on them a bit more and hey presto I came across that one which I had never seen before.
'It landed right in front of me and as they are bottom of the food chain they don't rest for long.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Barnard added: 'I really like the colouring and the unusual angle.'
As our winner, Ms Barnard receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org