Vibrant close-up shot of resting dragonfly wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful close-up shot of a dragonfly during a rare moment of rest has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 62-year-old Rosemarie Barnard from Oulton Broad using her Canon 100D camera at North Cove wildlife reserve.
She said: 'We were looking for birds but there were loads of dragonflies around.
'I decided to focus on them a bit more and hey presto I came across that one which I had never seen before.
'It landed right in front of me and as they are bottom of the food chain they don't rest for long.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Barnard added: 'I really like the colouring and the unusual angle.'
As our winner, Ms Barnard receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 7 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org