Vibrant close-up shot of resting dragonfly wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful close-up shot of a dragonfly during a rare moment of rest has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 62-year-old Rosemarie Barnard from Oulton Broad using her Canon 100D camera at North Cove wildlife reserve.
She said: 'We were looking for birds but there were loads of dragonflies around.
'I decided to focus on them a bit more and hey presto I came across that one which I had never seen before.
'It landed right in front of me and as they are bottom of the food chain they don't rest for long.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Barnard added: 'I really like the colouring and the unusual angle.'
As our winner, Ms Barnard receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org