Drama as cruiser sinks on the Broads
FOUR holidaymakers scrambled to safety as their cruiser sank on the Broads.Coastguards received reports that a vessel with four people on board was taking on water close to Acle Bridge on the River Bure at about 7pm on Wednesday evening.
FOUR holidaymakers scrambled to safety as their broads cruiser sank on the Broads.
Coastguards received reports that a vessel with four people on board was taking on water close to Acle Bridge on the River Bure at about 7pm on Wednesday evening.
A spokesman for Yarmouth Coastguard said the Broads Rescue Boat was sent as well as the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service who attempted to pump the water out of the boat.
The spokesman said the fire service were unable to prevent the boat from sinking as it had taken on too much water, but added that all four people on board managed to step ashore before the boat sank.
The Broads Authority also attended to light the scene to make other river users aware that there was a sunken vessel close to the bridge and allow them to navigate their way safely past.
The spokesman said the boat was still where it sank but was expected to be lifted out of the water by the Broads Authority later today.
- 1 Three people arrested in Lowestoft as part of burglary crackdown
- 2 Man appears in court for Lowestoft arson offences
- 3 Region's rebel MP: 'Im not grumpy' just acting in my peoples' best interests
- 4 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 5 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 6 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
- 7 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 8 'I was just really drunk' - man squared up to police after pub call-out
- 9 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
- 10 Lowestoft lighting the way in region's fight against food waste