Drama as cruiser sinks on the Broads
FOUR holidaymakers scrambled to safety as their cruiser sank on the Broads.Coastguards received reports that a vessel with four people on board was taking on water close to Acle Bridge on the River Bure at about 7pm on Wednesday evening.
FOUR holidaymakers scrambled to safety as their broads cruiser sank on the Broads.
Coastguards received reports that a vessel with four people on board was taking on water close to Acle Bridge on the River Bure at about 7pm on Wednesday evening.
A spokesman for Yarmouth Coastguard said the Broads Rescue Boat was sent as well as the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service who attempted to pump the water out of the boat.
The spokesman said the fire service were unable to prevent the boat from sinking as it had taken on too much water, but added that all four people on board managed to step ashore before the boat sank.
You may also want to watch:
The Broads Authority also attended to light the scene to make other river users aware that there was a sunken vessel close to the bridge and allow them to navigate their way safely past.
The spokesman said the boat was still where it sank but was expected to be lifted out of the water by the Broads Authority later today.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 4 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man