Search

Drink-drive man gets motoring ban

PUBLISHED: 10:13 05 August 2009 | UPDATED: 11:20 06 July 2010

A RESTAURANT manager from north Suffolk who took the wheel because his girlfriend was unwell has been banned from the road after admitting an alcohol-related motoring offence.

A RESTAURANT manager from north Suffolk who took the wheel because his girlfriend was unwell has been banned from the road after admitting an alcohol-related motoring offence.

Frederic Collot, of London Road, Wrentham, pleaded guilty to the drink-drive charge when he appeared at Lowestoft magistrates court yesterday.

Colette Griffiths, prosecuting, told the court that Collot was stopped on June 16 by another driver at Beccles who thought he seemed to be driving too quickly.

When he was later tested, he was found to have 92mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood - above the legal limit of 80 mg.

He also admitted driving without a licence and with no insurance.

Wayne Clarke, defending Collot, said that his client had only been driving for a short distance because his girlfriend had been complaining of stomach ache on their way home.

Collot was disqualified from driving for 12 months and was also ordered to pay £475 in fines and costs.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal