Driver caught on phone tests positive for alcohol and cocaine
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A driver who was caught using his phone tested positive for alcohol and a Class A drug.
At 11.45pm on Saturday night, police were waiting at the junction of Gunton Church Lane to turn right onto Yarmouth Road when a car drove past with the driver on the phone.
Police stopped the male driver in Weston Road.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Armed Policing Team tweeted a picture of the vehicle and a second picture shows the driver had a breathalyser reading of 18 mcg per 100 ml of breath. The legal limit is 35 mcg.
The driver then provided a positive drug wipe for cocaine and was subsequently arrested.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said he was taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre where a blood sample was taken.
He added: "The driver will now have to wait approximately eight to 12 weeks while the blood is analysed and if over the prescribed limit they will receive a fine and will be banned from driving."
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise