Driver caught on phone tests positive for alcohol and cocaine
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A driver who was caught using his phone tested positive for alcohol and a Class A drug.
At 11.45pm on Saturday night, police were waiting at the junction of Gunton Church Lane to turn right onto Yarmouth Road when a car drove past with the driver on the phone.
Police stopped the male driver in Weston Road.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Armed Policing Team tweeted a picture of the vehicle and a second picture shows the driver had a breathalyser reading of 18 mcg per 100 ml of breath. The legal limit is 35 mcg.
The driver then provided a positive drug wipe for cocaine and was subsequently arrested.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said he was taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre where a blood sample was taken.
He added: "The driver will now have to wait approximately eight to 12 weeks while the blood is analysed and if over the prescribed limit they will receive a fine and will be banned from driving."
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools