Driver clocked doing 85mph in 40mph zone during police crackdown
- Credit: James Bass
A driver was clocked travelling at more than speed limit in Lowestoft during a police crackdown on traffic offences.
Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth Police issued 80 traffic offence reports within two hours at two locations; the A47 at Hopton and Millennium Way, Lowestoft, on Sunday, 22 April.
One driver on Millennum Way was clocked driving at 85mph in a 40mph zone, with another driver reported for careless driving after overtaking in a 40mph zone while speeding.
The data came from a joint operation between the Roads Casualty Reduction Team and Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing to support a Europe-wide campaign co-ordinated by TISPOL, the European Traffic Police Network.
The campaign began on Monday, April 16 and ran until Sunday, April 22, and saw an increased number of checks and enforcement across the country.
You may also want to watch:
N & S Roads Policing tweeted: '80 #TORS issued by the #RCRT and #1826 of East team for speeding offences on the @LowestoftPolice and @GYarmouthPolice border with extra for offences such as phones and mot. This particular TOR being most disappointing at 85mph in a 40 limit. #fatal4 @TISPOLorg #killyourspeed'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted