Driver dies in crash on A12 near Wangford
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A motorist has died after the car they were driving was in collision with a lorry on the A12 between Wangford and Frostenden.
Officers were called by a member of the public at 2.15pm this afternoon (Thursday), to reports of a collision between a lorry and a car.
The air ambulance and Suffolk Fire and Rescue service attended, but the driver of the car died at the scene. The lorry driver suffered minor injuries.
The road was closed in both directions and diversions are in place whilst the investigation gets underway.
An East of England Ambulance spokesman said: 'An ambulance, East Anglian Air Ambulance, an ambulance officer and a rapid response vehicle attended but despite the best efforts of emergency services, one patient was pronounced dead at the scene.'
You may also want to watch:
'One ambulance remains on scene treating another patient with minor injuries.'
•Any witnesses should call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 6 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 7 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold