Driver dies in crash on A12 near Wangford
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A motorist has died after the car they were driving was in collision with a lorry on the A12 between Wangford and Frostenden.
Officers were called by a member of the public at 2.15pm this afternoon (Thursday), to reports of a collision between a lorry and a car.
The air ambulance and Suffolk Fire and Rescue service attended, but the driver of the car died at the scene. The lorry driver suffered minor injuries.
The road was closed in both directions and diversions are in place whilst the investigation gets underway.
An East of England Ambulance spokesman said: 'An ambulance, East Anglian Air Ambulance, an ambulance officer and a rapid response vehicle attended but despite the best efforts of emergency services, one patient was pronounced dead at the scene.'
You may also want to watch:
'One ambulance remains on scene treating another patient with minor injuries.'
•Any witnesses should call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 4 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 8 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced