Chain reaction: Driver pulls over to chop up tree blocking busy road
- Credit: Archant
Police have thanked a member of the public who stopped to help remove a fallen tree from the road.
Officers received a report earlier this morning that a tree had fallen onto the A12 at Wrentham, obstructing part of the road.
Having arrived at the scene, police blocked off one of the carriageways.
Fortunately a member of the public stopped at the roadside and was on hand to save the day, taking a chainsaw to the tree and helping to remove remaining debris.
Calling it a 'random act of kindness', Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team tweeted: 'East team would like to thank the member of public who stopped to make good use of his chainsaw.'
You may also want to watch:
With the tree cleared, the road was subsequently reopened.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'