Drivers face disruption after damaged manhole causes delays in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Motorists are experiencing delays in north Lowestoft after urgent road repair works caused disruption.
Anglian Water is carrying out the work, at the Fir Lane junction with Normanhurst Close, to repair a manhole in the road.
Multi-traffic light signals are in operation after Suffolk County Council reported the need for maintenance yesterday evening (Monday).
A spokesman for Anglian Water said the tread of a manhole on Fir Lane, 'had become worn over time as a result of passing cars'.
They also said that the traffic signals were required to safely carry out the repairs to the manhole, which they expect to be completed this evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 7 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 8 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 9 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk