Drivers face disruption after damaged manhole causes delays in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Motorists are experiencing delays in north Lowestoft after urgent road repair works caused disruption.
Anglian Water is carrying out the work, at the Fir Lane junction with Normanhurst Close, to repair a manhole in the road.
Multi-traffic light signals are in operation after Suffolk County Council reported the need for maintenance yesterday evening (Monday).
A spokesman for Anglian Water said the tread of a manhole on Fir Lane, 'had become worn over time as a result of passing cars'.
They also said that the traffic signals were required to safely carry out the repairs to the manhole, which they expect to be completed this evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'