Drivers face disruption as bridges to shut for roadworks
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Drivers in Lowestoft will be faced with overnight disruption over the next few weeks as roadworks continue on the A47 and at Oulton Broad bridge.
Highways England confirmed the Bascule Bridge will be closed between the hours of 8pm and 6am on the nights of Tuesday, May 8 and Wednesday, May 9.
The bridge will be closed in both directions with a diversion in operation alongside a free hourly bus service for pedestrians wishing to cross the bridge.
The bus will leave from the north side of the bridge at quarter past the hour and from the south side at quarter to the hour.
A full closure of the A47 between Leisure Way roundabout and Sussex road will be in place until Friday, May 11 to allow for the continuation of work to clear vegetation and widen the southbound footway.
You may also want to watch:
The road will shut between 8pm and 6am on weekdays, with a diversion in place via the A47, A1144, and A1117.
Finally Oulton Broad bridge will be shut for one nights between 9pm and 6am on Wednesday, May 16.
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 7 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 8 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'