Drivers face disruption as bridges to shut for roadworks
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Drivers in Lowestoft will be faced with overnight disruption over the next few weeks as roadworks continue on the A47 and at Oulton Broad bridge.
Highways England confirmed the Bascule Bridge will be closed between the hours of 8pm and 6am on the nights of Tuesday, May 8 and Wednesday, May 9.
The bridge will be closed in both directions with a diversion in operation alongside a free hourly bus service for pedestrians wishing to cross the bridge.
The bus will leave from the north side of the bridge at quarter past the hour and from the south side at quarter to the hour.
A full closure of the A47 between Leisure Way roundabout and Sussex road will be in place until Friday, May 11 to allow for the continuation of work to clear vegetation and widen the southbound footway.
You may also want to watch:
The road will shut between 8pm and 6am on weekdays, with a diversion in place via the A47, A1144, and A1117.
Finally Oulton Broad bridge will be shut for one nights between 9pm and 6am on Wednesday, May 16.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre