Drivers hurt in crash between Beccles and Lowestoft
Hayley MaceTwo motorists were taken to hospital after a crash on the A146 between Beccles and Lowestoft this afternoon.A grey Peugeot 306 and a red Ford Mondeo were in collision on the Beccles Road at Barnby just after 1pm.Hayley Mace
Two motorists were taken to hospital after a crash on the A146 between Beccles and Lowestoft this afternoon.
A grey Peugeot 306 and a red Ford Mondeo were in collision on the Beccles Road at Barnby just after 1pm.
Emergency services were called to the scene, where a man in his 60s had to be released from the Peugeot. The 42-year-old female driver of the Ford was released by fire fighters from her car, which was stuck in a ditch by the side of the road.
Both motorists were taken to the James Paget University Hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked until nearly 3.30pm and traffic travelling towards Lowestoft was diverted via North Cove.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 3 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 4 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 5 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 6 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 9 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 10 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash