Drivers stopped for drug driving and possession of heroin
- Credit: IAN BURT
A number of people have tested positive for drug driving and been in possession class A and B Drugs.
A number of people have tested positive for drug driving and being in possession of heroin and cannabis.
The stops, carried out by the Scorpion Team in conjunction with Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing, saw four men found in possession of the drugs, one of which was also drug driving.
Another male driver was arrested on a warrant after failing to appear in a court case, he was sent straight to Norwich Magistrates' Court.
The stops are part of Operation Sceptre, a campaign highlighting the risks of carrying a bladed weapon and targeting other offenders who use and carry knives in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Superintendent Kerry Cutler, lead for Operation Sceptre at Suffolk Police, said: 'This week of activity is part of our ongoing commitment to disrupt criminal gangs and take as many knives and weapons off our streets as possible.'
Officers alongside drugs teams and response officers will use intelligence-led deployments, weapons sweeps and high-visibility patrols to target and disrupt offenders who carry and use knives.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
Three other drivers, two male and one female, were stopped with all tests coming back negative.
The drivers in possession of heroin and cannabis were summoned to court and no action was taken for the drug-drive offence, but the man was cautioned for possession of cannabis.