Drunken son brandished knife at mum
A MAN threatened his mother with a large knife after turning up drunk at the family home, a court heard.Ricky Marriner, 25, brandished the machete-style knife, measuring 6-8in, during a row with Susan Marriner at the house in Northgate, Lowestoft.
A MAN threatened his mother with a large knife after turning up drunk at the family home, a court heard.
Ricky Marriner, 25, brandished the machete-style knife, measuring 6-8in, during a row with Susan Marriner at the house in Northgate, Lowestoft.
Mitzy Bond, prosecuting at Lowestoft Magistrates' Court, said: 'He came into the house and was drunk and argumentative. She [his mother] told him to go to bed, but he continued to make threats and brandished a large knife, and held it up to enforce the threat.'
Marriner, who lived at the house, was arrested after police were called at just before 10.30pm on April 12.
You may also want to watch:
He pleaded guilty to affray at an earlier hearing and appeared in court on Tuesday for sentencing.
He was given a 20-week prison sentence, suspended for two years, and ordered to take part in a six-month alcohol treatment programme.
- 1 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 8 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
Richard Mann, for Marriner, said: 'He is a very popular young man and gets on well with people. The problem is when he starts drinking. He has a chemical reaction that changes him.
'He says he is not an alcoholic, but does have a problem with drink.'