Duo arrested over damage
A pair of teenagers have been arrested after they allegedly ran amok in a seaside village and set fire to a caravan and smashed six cars.The 14-year-olds were seized by officers after a £50,000 caravan was set ablaze in Hopton, near Yarmouth, on Friday morning.
A pair of teenagers have been arrested after they allegedly ran amok in a seaside village and set fire to a caravan and smashed six cars.
The 14-year-olds were seized by officers after a £50,000 caravan was set ablaze in Hopton, near Yarmouth, on Friday morning.
Two fire crews had to tackle the blaze which was deliberately started in the early hours at the Hopton Holiday Village in Warren Road.
Police also believe the two boys may have been behind a series of attacks on six cars parked in Lowestoft Road between Thursday night and Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The cars' bodywork and windows were damaged after stones and rocks were thrown at them.
Police have bailed the two teenagers while they carry out further investigations.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
Anyone with information on the suspected arson and criminal damage can contact PC Mark Colley on 0845 456 4567.