Quiz raises more than £1,000 for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been raised in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) at an annual charity quiz.
The Lowestoft Friends of EACH held its popular event last month.
This year's contest proved as popular as ever with 107 supporters taking part.
In the end it was The Grungies who took the top prize in the closely contested quiz.
A spokesman said: 'The event raised £1,618 on the night, which includes a £750 donation from Barclays Bank, for which we thank them.
You may also want to watch:
'All the proceeds are going towards The Nook, the new hospice being built at Framingham Earl, which is now rapidly growing out of the bare earth.
'We would like to thank Robert and staff at the Masonic Hall, for managing to produce 107 meals within a relatively short space of time, all the helpers and those who donated raffle prizes.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
'Mainly though we would like to thank all those people who came along to make this yet another successful evening.'