EACH looking for volunteers to put in the frame at Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A charity's popular volunteer recruitment drive, which sees people add themselves to novelty frames such as the one pictured, has been relaunched.
EACH is looking for volunteers to put in the frame after the initiative's great success last year.
Be a Name in our Frame is currently running until Sunday, July 1. It aims to get people helping out at one of the 32 East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shops across the region.
EACH relies heavily on volunteers to run its shops that collectively raise over £900,000 towards the vital care and support the good cause provides for children with life-threatening conditions and their families.
The charity's shop in Lowestoft is specifically looking for:
You may also want to watch:
? Someone to sort and organise bric-a-brac on Saturdays.
? A keen eye to sift through donations and pick out high-value items for eBay.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
? An all-rounder to provide help on Saturdays.
Kai Shawcroft has been a volunteer for almost two years. She 'enjoys volunteering and knowing I'm doing something to help the children gives a lot of satisfaction.'
Rowan Gaskin, EACH Shop Manager, said: 'We really appreciate the hard work of every single one of our volunteers, but we can always use more help to keep our shop running and I'm sure there are others like Kai.
'We find volunteering is a two-way process. Whilst as a charity we gain from the gift of their time, our volunteers make friends and learn new skills, too.'
To become a name in the EACH frame at Lowestoft, drop by or call Rowan on 01502 563726. For more information about EACH, visit www.each.org.uk