Earlier festive refuse collection days
WAVENEY District Council is preparing for the holiday season by making changes to local services.The Marina Customer Service Centre in Lowestoft will be closed on Bank Holidays, December 25 and 28, and January 1.
WAVENEY District Council is preparing for the holiday season by making changes to local services.
The Marina Customer Service Centre in Lowestoft will be closed on Bank Holidays, December 25 and 28, and January 1.
The centre will have normal opening times of 9am-4.30pm between December 21 and 23, but hours will change to 9am-4pm on December 24, 29, 30 and 31.
The Southwold Tourist Information Centre will be open at its usual time of 10.30am to 3.30pm on Monday Tuesday and Thursday, and 10.30am to 3.30pm on Wednesdays but will close on December 25, 26, 27 and January 1.
You may also want to watch:
Some waste collections will be brought forward by Waveney District Council to ensure that everyone has a collection over the festive period.
The council has distributed bin hangers with the Christmas collection dates and recycling tips. Each household should receive a hanger attached to their bin before Christmas.
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 9 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences
- 10 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
Collection times may vary so bins should out by 7am.
The following changes have been made to the waste collections:
If your bins would normally be collected on Monday, December 21 then they will now be picked up on Saturday, December 19. If it is Tuesday, December 22 it will be on Monday, December 21; if it is on Wednesday, December 23 it will be on Tuesday, December 23; if it is on Thursday, December 24 then it will be on Wednesday, December 23; if it is on Friday, December 25 then it will be on Thursday, December 24.
Over the period December 28 to 31 collections will resume as normal, however, January 1 collections will be on Saturday, January 2.
From January 6 real Christmas trees can be disposed of in the green waste bins. The council asks that all decorations be removed and that trees are cut up prior to being put into the bins.
Wrapping paper, Christmas cards, envelopes, cardboard and cans can all be recycled in the blue bin and glass bottles can be taken to supermarkets or community recycling sites.
Any bags of waste left at the side of bins will not be collected and may be treated as fly tipping. Any excess waste or old appliances can be taken to a household waste recycling centre.
For opening times and a Christmas waste collection timetable visit www.waveney.gov.uk