East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival in Oulton Broad nears
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Final preparations are under way for the East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival this weekend.
Nearly 30 teams have signed up and are eagerly awaiting the race on Oulton Broad on Sunday.
And while there will be plenty of competition between companies from across the region, it will all be in good spirit as businesses come together for charity.
They will all be raising money for East Coast Hospice, which plans to provide a local hospice for people with life-limiting conditions in Waveney and Yarmouth.
Director of the festival organisers, Gable Events, Carol Lester said: 'We are delighted to have achieved an entry of 29 teams from all over East Anglia in the Dragon Boat Festival's comeback year and are expecting a large audience to come on the day to soak up the atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
'The festival would not be taking place this year without the enthusiasm and involvement of East Coast Hospice and we hope that the teams will continue to support this fantastic local charity in helping them to 'Raise the Roof' of Margaret Chadd House.
'We are looking forward to another fun-packed day full of racing and entertainment and are sure that participants and spectators alike will enjoy a superb day out this Sunday.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
For those not taking part in the race there will be a host of entertainment including a funfair, activities for children, bungee trampolines, giant inflatables, food stalls and a bar.
Lowestoft-based Venue of Performing Arts will perform at 11.30am, 1.30pm and 3pm and a Search and Rescue Sea King helicopter from RAF Wattisham will be doing a flypast at 2pm.
For more on East Coast Hospice, call 01493 718707.
Are you holding a charity event in Lowestoft? Email firstname.lastname@example.org