East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival in Oulton Broad nears
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Final preparations are under way for the East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival this weekend.
Nearly 30 teams have signed up and are eagerly awaiting the race on Oulton Broad on Sunday.
And while there will be plenty of competition between companies from across the region, it will all be in good spirit as businesses come together for charity.
They will all be raising money for East Coast Hospice, which plans to provide a local hospice for people with life-limiting conditions in Waveney and Yarmouth.
Director of the festival organisers, Gable Events, Carol Lester said: 'We are delighted to have achieved an entry of 29 teams from all over East Anglia in the Dragon Boat Festival's comeback year and are expecting a large audience to come on the day to soak up the atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
'The festival would not be taking place this year without the enthusiasm and involvement of East Coast Hospice and we hope that the teams will continue to support this fantastic local charity in helping them to 'Raise the Roof' of Margaret Chadd House.
'We are looking forward to another fun-packed day full of racing and entertainment and are sure that participants and spectators alike will enjoy a superb day out this Sunday.'
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
For those not taking part in the race there will be a host of entertainment including a funfair, activities for children, bungee trampolines, giant inflatables, food stalls and a bar.
Lowestoft-based Venue of Performing Arts will perform at 11.30am, 1.30pm and 3pm and a Search and Rescue Sea King helicopter from RAF Wattisham will be doing a flypast at 2pm.
For more on East Coast Hospice, call 01493 718707.
Are you holding a charity event in Lowestoft? Email firstname.lastname@example.org