College to celebrate success of apprentices with awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
East Coast College will be celebrating the success of more than 60 apprentices at its annual awards next week.
The awards ceremony will honour apprentices from both its Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth campuses, including those at holiday company Hoseasons.
In partnership with the college, Hoseasons has offered more than 30 apprenticeship opportunities in everything from Level 2 customer service and sales to Level 3 software, web development and digital design.
Matt Smith, head of HR for Lowestoft-based Hoseasons, said: 'We see the Hoseasons business as an advocate to other employers as to the benefits of a well-established apprenticeship programme. We were one of the first organisations in Suffolk to sign up to the New Anglia Youth Pledge which recognises our commitment to offering a gate-way to employment through the apprenticeship route.
'We have worked with East Coast College for a number of years to offer quality apprenticeship programmes both within our contact centres - to ensure we are training exceptional customer service - and importantly within our digital teams to find the best digital talent locally to help support our digital ambitions.
You may also want to watch:
'In the last two and a half years the business has recruited over 30 apprentices with East Coast College supporting the training of the majority of this number.'
The awards ceremony will take place at Great Yarmouth Town Hall on Wednesday, March 14.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
East Coast College Principal, Stuart Rimmer said: 'East Coast College is a leading provider of apprenticeships, across the region. Building long-lasting relations with key sector employers such as Hoseasons is key to helping individuals and businesses fulfil their potential.
'We pride ourselves on our engagement with businesses, the New Anglia LEP and research analysts and are constantly developing our curriculum, apprenticeships and commercial offers in order to meet labour market needs now and in the future.'
Any employers or individuals interested in exploring an apprenticeship can contact the East Coast College apprenticeship helpline on 0800 085 8860.