East of England fishing meeting to be held in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The UKIP fisheries spokesman, Ray Finch, MEP, will visit Lowestoft on Monday morning.
Mr Finch will join UKIP prospective parliamentary candidates for Waveney and Suffolk Coastal, Simon Tobin and Daryll Pitcher, along with a number of other local fishermen to discuss the EU fishing policy and its impact on the UK fishing industry.
Mr Finch will attend the fish shout (auction) at the docks before attending a question and answer meeting with the region's PCC's at the Hotel Victoria.
Mr Tobin said: 'We as a nation must protect our traditional and sustainable industries, not strangle them with EU laws such as the constraint of the European Union fishing policy.
'Let us support this great industry in the UK.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open