East of England fishing meeting to be held in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The UKIP fisheries spokesman, Ray Finch, MEP, will visit Lowestoft on Monday morning.
Mr Finch will join UKIP prospective parliamentary candidates for Waveney and Suffolk Coastal, Simon Tobin and Daryll Pitcher, along with a number of other local fishermen to discuss the EU fishing policy and its impact on the UK fishing industry.
Mr Finch will attend the fish shout (auction) at the docks before attending a question and answer meeting with the region's PCC's at the Hotel Victoria.
Mr Tobin said: 'We as a nation must protect our traditional and sustainable industries, not strangle them with EU laws such as the constraint of the European Union fishing policy.
'Let us support this great industry in the UK.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 8 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings