East of England fishing meeting to be held in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The UKIP fisheries spokesman, Ray Finch, MEP, will visit Lowestoft on Monday morning.
Mr Finch will join UKIP prospective parliamentary candidates for Waveney and Suffolk Coastal, Simon Tobin and Daryll Pitcher, along with a number of other local fishermen to discuss the EU fishing policy and its impact on the UK fishing industry.
Mr Finch will attend the fish shout (auction) at the docks before attending a question and answer meeting with the region's PCC's at the Hotel Victoria.
Mr Tobin said: 'We as a nation must protect our traditional and sustainable industries, not strangle them with EU laws such as the constraint of the European Union fishing policy.
'Let us support this great industry in the UK.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 9 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 10 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown