East Suffolk Travellers’ Association set date for AGM
- Credit: Archant © 2012
The East Suffolk Travellers' Association (ESTA) will hold its AGM on Saturday, May 13, at St Mary's Church Hall in Halesworth.
The choice of Halesworth for this year's AGM reflects the town's pivotal position in the local public transport network.
ESTA Chairman Trevor Garrod said: 'The bus/train integration at Halesworth is something which serves as a model for elsewhere.
'So is the well kept station building - unstaffed but used as a museum and offices, with a good team of station adopters to keep it attractive.
'Local community action ensured that the foot crossing at the station has been retained. We now need to consider what improvements may be needed.'
You may also want to watch:
Guest speaker at the public meeting, which starts at 2pm, will be Steve Royal, operating manager of Anglian Bus, who will update people on the company's services.
There will also be a report from James Hewett, chairman of the Southwold Railway Trust.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 7 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy