East Suffolk Travellers’ Association set date for AGM
- Credit: Archant © 2012
The East Suffolk Travellers' Association (ESTA) will hold its AGM on Saturday, May 13, at St Mary's Church Hall in Halesworth.
The choice of Halesworth for this year's AGM reflects the town's pivotal position in the local public transport network.
ESTA Chairman Trevor Garrod said: 'The bus/train integration at Halesworth is something which serves as a model for elsewhere.
'So is the well kept station building - unstaffed but used as a museum and offices, with a good team of station adopters to keep it attractive.
'Local community action ensured that the foot crossing at the station has been retained. We now need to consider what improvements may be needed.'
You may also want to watch:
Guest speaker at the public meeting, which starts at 2pm, will be Steve Royal, operating manager of Anglian Bus, who will update people on the company's services.
There will also be a report from James Hewett, chairman of the Southwold Railway Trust.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft