Easter excitement set for Lowestoft area
A HOST of Easter events for families have been organised in the Lowestoft area over the bank holiday weekend.Tomorrow, the ever popular Easter Egg Hunt for children is taking place in the gardens of Broadlands in Borrow Road, Oulton Broad.
A HOST of Easter events for families have been organised in the Lowestoft area over the bank holiday weekend.
Tomorrow, the ever popular Easter Egg Hunt for children is taking place in the gardens of Broadlands in Borrow Road, Oulton Broad. The event runs from 2pm-5pm, with the egg hunt taking place from 2.30pm-3.30pm. There will also be a cake stall, grand raffle and other attractions.
Admission is �3 for adults,
�1.50 for children and a family ticket is �8. Price includes light refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from Broadlands reception in advance or on the day. Proceeds will go to the residents' amenity fund.
At Pleasurewood Hills, there are events over the weekend. On Sunday, there will be an Easter egg trail, giving children the chance to win prizes by solving clues and finding the hidden eggs.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 10 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
On Monday, an Easter bonnet parade will take place. All materials will be provided so that children can make their bonnets to wear in the parade at the end of the day.
Entry to the Easter events is included in the normal ticket price, which is �14.50 for children up to 11 and �16.50 for adults.
Lowestoft Community Church, in Hadenham Road, has an Easter craft morning at The Depot today from 10am. At 7.30pm there will be a Good Friday service with communion, and on Easter Sunday there will be a family service led by Mike Betts at 10am.
Lowestoft Lions' annual Easter egg hunt takes place on Sunday. Entertainment will include the
K-SYL-R roadshow, with music, fun and games with the Easter bunny and friends, charity stalls, and a face painter. Visitors
can also order Lions' begonia flowers. To book a place on the egg hunt call 01502-581660 or 01502 718035. Entry is free and open to under 10s.
Please bring a picture depicting Easter.
There's the chance to go hopping mad in Lowestoft town centre tomorrow at a special free event.
A bouncy castle, inflatable pole jousting and bungee runs, a rodeo bull and face-painting sessions will take place between 11am-4pm as part of an
event organised by Lowestoft Town Centre Management Partnership.
A total of 400 chocolate eggs have been laid out at Somerleyton Hall and Gardens as part of an Easter trail. Hidden around the gardens and in the ancient yew hedge maze are 12
picture boards to help find the hidden eggs.
The hunt is from 10am-3pm on Easter Sunday. It is included
in the standard garden's admission price - adults
�5.50, over-60's �4.50, children �3.50.