Easy Peezy as invention wins award
A GP's simple invention to make his female patients' lives easier last night won a regional award. Vincent Forte, who works at Central Surgery in Gorleston, spent years developing his 'Peezy', which makes it easier for women to give urine samples.
A GP's simple invention to make his female patients' lives easier last night won a regional award.
Vincent Forte, who works at Central Surgery in Gorleston, spent years developing his 'Peezy', which makes it easier for women to give urine samples. He won the innovative technology award at the East of England Health and Social Care Awards last night.
Also recognised was NHS Norfolk's sustainable development team, which won the low carbon category.
Dr Forte was inspired by a female patient who, having tried to fill the traditional narrow plastic pot, said: 'This must have been invented by a man!' He even mortgaged his house for an extra �100,000 to fund the development of his creation.
You may also want to watch:
NHS Norfolk's sustainable develop-ment team was set up in 2007 to help meet concerns about climate change. It has put in place working practices to reduce carbon emissions and has got other partners involved.
Winners in other categories came from across the east of England. There were 145 entries - 40pc up on last year. The winners will now go through to the national final.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft