Elderly woman suffers suspected broken hip after reportedly being hit by car
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has been rushed to hospital after reportedly being hit by a car on a Suffolk road.
Police were called to Kirkley Run, in Lowestoft, just after 8.30am this morning.
The woman sustained a hip injury following the accident. Kirkley Run is partially blocked both ways due to accident between B1531 Waveney Drive and Long Road.
A spokesperson from Suffolk Constabulary, said: 'Police officers were called to a RTC in Kirkley Run, Lowestoft at around 8.30am today.
'The collision involved a car and an elderly woman.
You may also want to watch:
'The woman has subsequently been taken to hospital by paramedics after suffering a suspected broken hip.
'Police remain on scene to carry out collision investigations.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
'Officers would like to ask anyone who may have seen the collision to call 101 quoting CAD 73 of today.'