Electronic items stolen in Lowestoft burglaries
LOWESTOFT Police are urging locals to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour to officers immediately after burglars struck at two homes in the town.
A 32-inch plasma TV and an iPod and speakers were stolen after burglars broke into a home in John Street between 7.30am and 9.15pm last Thursday, November 11.
Burglars also struck in a separate raid as a games console, a laptop notebook computer and memorial coins were stolen after a home in Homefield Avenue was broken into between noon last Tuesday, November 9 and 7pm on Thursday, November 11.
Calling on observant local residents to help beat the burglars by calling police immediately using 999, a police spokesmna said: 'If you spot anything unusual – such as someone hanging around an address or someone carrying unboxed electrical items – or if you suspect a crime may be in progress, whether this be criminal damage, a burglary or vehicle crime, please call straight away.
'Your call will allow officers to attend quickly and may prevent a crime from being committed or help police catch criminals in the act.'
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone with any information about who broke in to the homes should telephone DC 1451 Drake at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 9 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft