Electronic items stolen in Lowestoft burglaries
LOWESTOFT Police are urging locals to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour to officers immediately after burglars struck at two homes in the town.
A 32-inch plasma TV and an iPod and speakers were stolen after burglars broke into a home in John Street between 7.30am and 9.15pm last Thursday, November 11.
Burglars also struck in a separate raid as a games console, a laptop notebook computer and memorial coins were stolen after a home in Homefield Avenue was broken into between noon last Tuesday, November 9 and 7pm on Thursday, November 11.
Calling on observant local residents to help beat the burglars by calling police immediately using 999, a police spokesmna said: 'If you spot anything unusual – such as someone hanging around an address or someone carrying unboxed electrical items – or if you suspect a crime may be in progress, whether this be criminal damage, a burglary or vehicle crime, please call straight away.
'Your call will allow officers to attend quickly and may prevent a crime from being committed or help police catch criminals in the act.'
• Anyone with any information about who broke in to the homes should telephone DC 1451 Drake at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Waveney MP says PM should 'hold up his hands' over No 10 party