Electronic items stolen in Lowestoft burglaries
LOWESTOFT Police are urging locals to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour to officers immediately after burglars struck at two homes in the town.
A 32-inch plasma TV and an iPod and speakers were stolen after burglars broke into a home in John Street between 7.30am and 9.15pm last Thursday, November 11.
Burglars also struck in a separate raid as a games console, a laptop notebook computer and memorial coins were stolen after a home in Homefield Avenue was broken into between noon last Tuesday, November 9 and 7pm on Thursday, November 11.
Calling on observant local residents to help beat the burglars by calling police immediately using 999, a police spokesmna said: 'If you spot anything unusual – such as someone hanging around an address or someone carrying unboxed electrical items – or if you suspect a crime may be in progress, whether this be criminal damage, a burglary or vehicle crime, please call straight away.
'Your call will allow officers to attend quickly and may prevent a crime from being committed or help police catch criminals in the act.'
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone with any information about who broke in to the homes should telephone DC 1451 Drake at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 2 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 3 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 4 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 5 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 6 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Lifeboat launched to kayakers 'in trouble' off coast
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction