Emergency roadworks lead to bus diversions and delays
- Credit: Google Maps
Emergency roadworks are being carried out in a coastal town leading to bus diversions and delays.
Motorists are being warned of delays on the junction between the A47 (Yarmouth Road) and Sussex Road.
Suffolk County Council is carrying out the works, with delays expected for the rest of the day.
The work is being carried out to clear blocked gullies that have been causing recent flooding in the area.
As a result of the emergency road works, First Bus services are being forced to divert.
You may also want to watch:
Posting to social media, First Bus tweeted: "Yarmouth Rd at Lowestoft is closed due to emergency road works. We will be diverting via Bentley Dr, Millennium Way and Oulton Rd in both directions."
The works affect bus services 1/1A and X1.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 5 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 6 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
- 9 'My life as a young carer' - Woman's new book aims to support others
- 10 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
According to Suffolk Roadworks map "delays are likely" on the road for the rest of the day.