Emergency services called to washing machine blaze at home in Wangford
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a washing machine fire broke out at his home.
Emergency services were called to a property in Church Street, Wangford, near Southwold, shortly after 7.45am today (Monday).
The blaze was contained to an outhouse at the address, a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.
The householder was given oxygen therapy by firefighters after breathing in smoke, before he was left in the care of the ambulance service.
Suffolk Constabulary was also sent to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said no investigation would be carried out as the fire was believed to have started accidentally.
The brigade sent three crews – one each from Southwold, Halesworth and Lowestoft South fire stations – to tackle the blaze.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
The fire was declared under control just before 8.40am.