Search

Emergency services called to washing machine blaze at home in Wangford

PUBLISHED: 16:03 16 October 2017 | UPDATED: 16:03 16 October 2017

A crew from Lowestoft South fire station and two other fire crews tackled the blaze. Picture: Nick Butcher

A crew from Lowestoft South fire station and two other fire crews tackled the blaze. Picture: Nick Butcher

Archant © 2017

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a washing machine fire broke out at his home.

Emergency services were called to a property in Church Street, Wangford, near Southwold, shortly after 7.45am today (Monday).

The blaze was contained to an outhouse at the address, a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.

The householder was given oxygen therapy by firefighters after breathing in smoke, before he was left in the care of the ambulance service.

Suffolk Constabulary was also sent to the scene.

A police spokesman said no investigation would be carried out as the fire was believed to have started accidentally.

The brigade sent three crews – one each from Southwold, Halesworth and Lowestoft South fire stations – to tackle the blaze.

The fire was declared under control just before 8.40am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal