Emmah has a close shave to raise money for cancer charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A chip shop worker from Lowestoft decided to 'brave the shave' and raise money for MacMillan cancer support.
Emmah Douglas, 21, works at Perrys fish and chip shop on Suffolk Road. She opted to have her head shaved after being inspired by a young girl she saw on Facebook- who had completed a similar fund-raising challenge.
Family members including Emmah's three sisters Sam, 19, Courtney, 17 and Danielle, 15 gathered outside the shop on Monday, October 26 to witness the shave and show their support. Miss Douglas allowed members of her family to cut off her ponytail and strands of hair, before the actual shave took place.
It was then left to hairdresser Helen Crickmore to finish off the process and neaten up the new style.
Before the shave, Miss Douglas said: 'I was looking on Facebook and I saw this really little kid, she was about four or five years old, and I thought if she can do it why cant I?
You may also want to watch:
'I am panicking now and I am really nervous but the best thing is I have a hat – people aren't going to look twice if I have that on.'
As the shave was taking place, which caught the attention of many passers-by, Miss Douglas claimed: 'I feel so cold right now' and 'this feels really weird' but was then greeted with a round of applause when it was completed.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
So far, more than £600 has been raised for the charity and to pledge further donations visit www.bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/emmah-douglas/