Encourage teens to form bands
A PERCENTAGE of youth in Lowestoft are playing lots of different musical instruments.Some of these people which play are certainly good enough to form bands and play together.
A PERCENTAGE of youth in Lowestoft are playing lots of different musical instruments.
Some of these people which play are certainly good enough to form bands and play together.
I'm a guitarist and I've been told I am pretty good for my age and I'm sure there are lots of other young people who have been told the same or similar by other people.
Now I'm sure people who have been told this would like to take these comments and skills a step further and maybe consider it as a career.
I've seen an awful lot of bands and from what I've seen I have never seen a band of teenagers. Personally I think this is slightly ageist against teenagers as a group. Some I have seen playing instruments are better than some of the adults.
I think that as a community we need to try and get teenage bands together to perform and do gigs.
- 1 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 2 Lowestoft man used toy gun to steal can of Dr Pepper from kebab shop
- 3 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 4 Two e-scooters and cannabis seized in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft man denies High Street assault
- 6 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 7 Suffolk seaside resort named among the poshest villages in the UK
- 8 Mountain bike stolen during burglary near Lowestoft
- 9 Vehicle parked outside Lowestoft home targeted by vandals
- 10 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
Maybe put posters up to advertising new band and a list of places that will take in or pay these bands money to perform.
It would be good to create a meeting place for the people interested in this to be able to meet and mix with other people with the same interests while at the same time creating new bands and groups while discussing their musical influences.
Kirkley High School