Encourage teens to form bands
A PERCENTAGE of youth in Lowestoft are playing lots of different musical instruments.Some of these people which play are certainly good enough to form bands and play together.
A PERCENTAGE of youth in Lowestoft are playing lots of different musical instruments.
Some of these people which play are certainly good enough to form bands and play together.
I'm a guitarist and I've been told I am pretty good for my age and I'm sure there are lots of other young people who have been told the same or similar by other people.
Now I'm sure people who have been told this would like to take these comments and skills a step further and maybe consider it as a career.
You may also want to watch:
I've seen an awful lot of bands and from what I've seen I have never seen a band of teenagers. Personally I think this is slightly ageist against teenagers as a group. Some I have seen playing instruments are better than some of the adults.
I think that as a community we need to try and get teenage bands together to perform and do gigs.
- 1 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
Maybe put posters up to advertising new band and a list of places that will take in or pay these bands money to perform.
It would be good to create a meeting place for the people interested in this to be able to meet and mix with other people with the same interests while at the same time creating new bands and groups while discussing their musical influences.
Kirkley High School