Engineers work to solve Lowestoft bridge problems
Hayley MaceEngineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.Hayley Mace
Engineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.
Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.
The problems led to long queues through the town, with traffic to the south jammed as far as the Bloodmoor roundabout.
The lights were restored by 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Highways Agency spokesman said: 'Our contractors responded to the problem as soon as we were made aware of it, and restored the lights by 2pm. We would like to apologise to road users for the break down this morning.'
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 5 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 6 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 7 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 8 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 9 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 10 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs