Engineers work to solve Lowestoft bridge problems
Hayley MaceEngineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.Hayley Mace
Engineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.
Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.
The problems led to long queues through the town, with traffic to the south jammed as far as the Bloodmoor roundabout.
The lights were restored by 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Highways Agency spokesman said: 'Our contractors responded to the problem as soon as we were made aware of it, and restored the lights by 2pm. We would like to apologise to road users for the break down this morning.'
- 1 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 4 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 7 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 8 Where are Norfolk and Waveney's Covid vaccination sites?
- 9 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building