Engineers work to solve Lowestoft bridge problems
Hayley MaceEngineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.Hayley Mace
Engineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.
Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.
The problems led to long queues through the town, with traffic to the south jammed as far as the Bloodmoor roundabout.
The lights were restored by 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Highways Agency spokesman said: 'Our contractors responded to the problem as soon as we were made aware of it, and restored the lights by 2pm. We would like to apologise to road users for the break down this morning.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre