Engineers work to solve Lowestoft bridge problems
Hayley MaceEngineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.Hayley Mace
Engineers have this morning been investigating the cause of problems on Lowestoft's bascule bridge.
Signal lights on the bridge, which links the south and north parts of the town and is one of the main through roads, failed this morning.
The problems led to long queues through the town, with traffic to the south jammed as far as the Bloodmoor roundabout.
The lights were restored by 2pm.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: 'Our contractors responded to the problem as soon as we were made aware of it, and restored the lights by 2pm. We would like to apologise to road users for the break down this morning.'
- 1 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 2 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 3 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 4 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 5 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 6 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 9 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
- 10 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved