Enough is enough
THE so called "merge in turn" proposal will not end the misery for drivers trying to get from south to north Lowestoft, but add to it.If you take two lanes of traffic and get them to merge into one then you cause the traffic to slow and this causes congestion.
THE so called "merge in turn" proposal will not end the misery for drivers trying to get from south to north Lowestoft, but add to it.
If you take two lanes of traffic and get them to merge into one then you cause the traffic to slow and this causes congestion.
To avoid congestion you need to keep traffic flowing so you try to remove as many bottlenecks and stopping points as is possible, ie traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, two into one lanes, etc.
To try and blame the drivers for this traffic chaos is an insult. This road scheme was badly designed, along with the rest of the so called Sunrise Scheme. There was chaos during the building of it and this has continued to the present day.
You may also want to watch:
We now have traffic lights where there wasn't any before and in places where they are not needed, (Durban Road and Mill Road to name but two).
I have been involved with transport for the past 32 years in one way or another and can tell you this has to be one of the worst road systems I have seen.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 5 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 6 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 7 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 8 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 9 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
- 10 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
The problem is that after spending �15m on this shambles, nobody dares to admit that they got it wrong and will need to spend a bit more to put it right.
Corton Long Lane