Eva's Christmas Eve 100th joy
THERE were extra special celebrations for one family during the festive period as Eva Barlow celebrated her 100th birthday on Christmas Eve.Mrs Barlow celebrated the occasion with family and friends at Broadlands, Borrow Road, Oulton Broad.
THERE were extra special celebrations for one family during the festive period as Eva Barlow celebrated her 100th birthday on Christmas Eve.
Mrs Barlow celebrated the occasion with family and friends at Broadlands, Borrow Road, Oulton Broad.
She has lived at the residential home for the past five years and takes a full part in the social activities there.
Mrs Barlow was born in Towlers Court on Elm Hill in Norwich and is proud to be 'a good old Norfolk gal!'
You may also want to watch:
One of her first memories is being on holiday at Great Yarmouth but having to return home early when the First World War was declared.
She still remembers going with her brother to see the soldiers and horses parading in Norwich before heading to France.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 5 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 6 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 7 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 8 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 9 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 10 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
After attending the Girls Modern School in Norwich Mrs Barlow learned to play the violin and was a member of a number of orchestras in the Norwich area.
Mrs Barlow has enjoyed music all her life and during the 1950s was a member of a concert party that toured Norfolk playing for old people.