Eva's Christmas Eve 100th joy
THERE were extra special celebrations for one family during the festive period as Eva Barlow celebrated her 100th birthday on Christmas Eve.Mrs Barlow celebrated the occasion with family and friends at Broadlands, Borrow Road, Oulton Broad.
THERE were extra special celebrations for one family during the festive period as Eva Barlow celebrated her 100th birthday on Christmas Eve.
Mrs Barlow celebrated the occasion with family and friends at Broadlands, Borrow Road, Oulton Broad.
She has lived at the residential home for the past five years and takes a full part in the social activities there.
Mrs Barlow was born in Towlers Court on Elm Hill in Norwich and is proud to be 'a good old Norfolk gal!'
You may also want to watch:
One of her first memories is being on holiday at Great Yarmouth but having to return home early when the First World War was declared.
She still remembers going with her brother to see the soldiers and horses parading in Norwich before heading to France.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
After attending the Girls Modern School in Norwich Mrs Barlow learned to play the violin and was a member of a number of orchestras in the Norwich area.
Mrs Barlow has enjoyed music all her life and during the 1950s was a member of a concert party that toured Norfolk playing for old people.