Events to be held to boost popular church’s Thatch Fund
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A busy weekend of events will be held at a popular clifftop church.
The Lent café will return to Pakefield Church next Friday, March 16, between 10am and 12.30pm.
Visitors can enjoy homemade cakes, bacon butties and other delicious treats, together with teas and coffee. The café will subsequently be held on March 23.
Pakefield's Music Appreciation Group will continue along the alphabet trail at 7.30pm on March 16 with the letter 'M' the theme for their latest meeting in All Saints' and St Margaret's Church. New and existing members can select their favourite CDs to be played and shared. The usual £2 donation will apply.
And on Saturday, March 17 familiar songs from stage and screen will be sung by the Pakefield Singers, conducted by Vetta Wise and accompanied by Terry Cunnane on the piano, at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6 from the Parish Office, Church Hall in Sunningdale Avenue on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to noon, via 01502 218150 or at the door on the night.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will be going towards the church's Thatch Fund.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Stranded fishing vessel towed to safety by lifeboats