Events to be held to boost popular church’s Thatch Fund
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A busy weekend of events will be held at a popular clifftop church.
The Lent café will return to Pakefield Church next Friday, March 16, between 10am and 12.30pm.
Visitors can enjoy homemade cakes, bacon butties and other delicious treats, together with teas and coffee. The café will subsequently be held on March 23.
Pakefield's Music Appreciation Group will continue along the alphabet trail at 7.30pm on March 16 with the letter 'M' the theme for their latest meeting in All Saints' and St Margaret's Church. New and existing members can select their favourite CDs to be played and shared. The usual £2 donation will apply.
And on Saturday, March 17 familiar songs from stage and screen will be sung by the Pakefield Singers, conducted by Vetta Wise and accompanied by Terry Cunnane on the piano, at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6 from the Parish Office, Church Hall in Sunningdale Avenue on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to noon, via 01502 218150 or at the door on the night.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will be going towards the church's Thatch Fund.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft