Excellent Egret shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite photo capturing an Egret peacefully floating atop the water at Hen Reedbeds, near Reydon, was taken by 49-year-old Richard Tomsett.
Mr Tomsett, of Sycamore Avenue, Oulton Broad, used his Canon 7D Mark II to shoot the picture.
He said: 'Arriving early before sunrise I chose a good spot where I could scan the Reedbeds and also keep an eye on the adjoining estuary. Being pure white this Egret was easy to spot.
'I'm really pleased this photo has won because for me It's a simple image with no fuss - just a bird on an estuary, probably doing what it does every day and I was lucky enough to capture that moment.'
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts