Excellent Egret shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite photo capturing an Egret peacefully floating atop the water at Hen Reedbeds, near Reydon, was taken by 49-year-old Richard Tomsett.
Mr Tomsett, of Sycamore Avenue, Oulton Broad, used his Canon 7D Mark II to shoot the picture.
He said: 'Arriving early before sunrise I chose a good spot where I could scan the Reedbeds and also keep an eye on the adjoining estuary. Being pure white this Egret was easy to spot.
'I'm really pleased this photo has won because for me It's a simple image with no fuss - just a bird on an estuary, probably doing what it does every day and I was lucky enough to capture that moment.'
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries