Excitement builds ahead of this year’s Suffolk Show
- Credit: Suffolk Agricultural Association
Excitement is building ahead of this year's Suffolk Show – with organisers predicting a 'fantastic' event.
On-site preparations are continuing ahead of the show, which takes place on Wednesday, May 30, and Thursday, May 31, at Trinity Park, Ipswich.
With just days to go, visitors are being urged to download the new Suffolk Show 2018 app and start planning their action-packed day out. This year's show includes thousands of fun attractions, free activities and unique shopping experiences for the whole family.
Show director Bee Kemball said: 'We are incredibly excited to open the gates and welcome visitors to this year's fantastic Suffolk Show. The team and I, alongside hundreds of volunteers, have been planning and organising the event for the past 12 months so it's amazing to see how it's all come together now we're only a few days away. I hope many people from across the county and further afield will join us for Suffolk's biggest family day out.'
The Bolddog Lings motorbike stunt team are not to be missed in the Grand Ring, while critically-endangered Suffolk Punch horses will be star of the show with a new Heavy Horse area.
You may also want to watch:
Display areas offering fun and free activities and interesting opportunities to learn more about farming and agriculture in the county include the '100 years looking back' area, where visitors can explore Suffolk's history in commemoration of 100 years since the end of the First World War.
The popular Suffolk Skills Zone enables visitors to have a go at hairdressing, engineering, carpentry and flint knapping among other skills, or there's the Sports Plus and Military Zone areas with free, interactive sports, games and activities.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
This year's show boasts a bigger than ever Food Hall with a feast of flavours from local, artisan producers. The new and improved Flower and Garden Show, and popular Lifestyle Pavilion, will be offering inspiration for homes and gardens, and the pink-carpeted Fifth Avenue offers not-on-the-high-street fashion, jewellery and accessories from this Suffolk's rising fashion stars.
The free show app, which includes a site map, trade stand information and an activity trail, is available from Google Play and the Apple App Store. Adult tickets cost £25 in advance (until midnight on May 29) or £28 on the gate. Visit www.suffolkshow.co.uk or call 01473 707117.