Exhibition of scrapbooks and photos at community hall
- Credit: Archant
A collection of scrapbooks will go on display at a Southwold hall this weekend.
Sue Doy, whose book Both Sides of the Bridge discusses her life in Reydon and Southwold, is raising money for the Stella Peskett Millenium Hall's new car park.
The event will see the author, who has also been mayor of Southwold and sat on the town council, present a cheque from the proceeds of the successful book to the trustees of the hall.
The scrapbooks on show chronicle 60 years of local events in the area, and will be available to be seen on Saturday, April 14, from 11am to 3pm.
Alongside the display of scrapbooks, there will also be an exhibition of local photographs, with attendees encouraged to bring along any old photographs of the area to show on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition and display has free entry, and there will be refreshments available for visitors.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park