Exhibition of scrapbooks and photos at community hall
- Credit: Archant
A collection of scrapbooks will go on display at a Southwold hall this weekend.
Sue Doy, whose book Both Sides of the Bridge discusses her life in Reydon and Southwold, is raising money for the Stella Peskett Millenium Hall's new car park.
The event will see the author, who has also been mayor of Southwold and sat on the town council, present a cheque from the proceeds of the successful book to the trustees of the hall.
The scrapbooks on show chronicle 60 years of local events in the area, and will be available to be seen on Saturday, April 14, from 11am to 3pm.
Alongside the display of scrapbooks, there will also be an exhibition of local photographs, with attendees encouraged to bring along any old photographs of the area to show on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition and display has free entry, and there will be refreshments available for visitors.
- 1 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?