SO all Conservative councillors will be backing a freeze in the expenses paid to Waveney District Council members due to the current economic crisis.What good people they are.
SO all Conservative councillors will be backing a freeze in the expenses paid to Waveney District Council members due to the current economic crisis.
What good people they are. Why then, when I proposed such a freeze to council on November 27, did every single Conservative member vote against my crazy idea?
All the Lib Dem members, and all but one of the Labour members agreed that I must be mad and joined the Conservatives in condemning my amendment.
What a difference it makes when the idea re-emerges in a press release from the administration.
You may also want to watch:
What utter hypocrisy.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
Waveney District Council