Extra lane needed on bridge
THE New Oxford Dictionary defines the word 'merge' as 'join or blend gradually' but then not many people read the dictionary, or so it seems.I am, of course, referring to the over-stated merging system on the southern approach to the notorious bascule bridge.
THE New Oxford Dictionary defines the word 'merge' as 'join or blend gradually' but then not many people read the dictionary, or so it seems.
I am, of course, referring to the over-stated merging system on the southern approach to the notorious bascule bridge.
I am sitting patiently in the nearside lane debating whether to turn the engine off and open the flask, when suddenly from behind, and in the offside lane, appears something akin to an entrant at Silverstone. He shoots down the offside lane taking no notice of the overhead red light then bullies himself into the nearside lane and nonchalantly crosses the bridge.
Is he breaking the law?
You may also want to watch:
He hasn't read the dictionary - he doesn't have to does he? I don't think any signs or road markings will have the necessary needed effect. There are only two answers as far as I can see: being two lanes over the bridge both ways. Three feet could be taken off both footways to help enable the fourth lane to be implemented. The bridge would of course have to be strengthened to compensate for the extra weight and the traffic lights on the Station Square would have to be readjusted.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 3 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 4 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020