Extra police patrols to tackle vandalism in Lowestoft
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Lowestoft after a spate of vandalism.
The Lowestoft North Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are seeking witnesses after a number of walls in the Woods Loke/Higher Drive area were damaged in the past fortnight.
There have been at least five incidents since Saturday, November 5 where walls have been pushed or kicked over and officers are working to try to trace those responsible.
Among the incidents are:
• Pillars and brickwork being knocked from walls outside three homes at Woods Loke West between 5pm on Tuesday, November 15 and 8am last Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
• Bricks being pulled from the top of a wall around a home at Woods Loke West between 10pm on Monday, November 14 and 7.30am on Tuesday and then thrown into the garden.
• Damage was also caused to a brick wall outside an address in Higher Drive between 9.30am on Saturday, November 5 and 2.30pm on Monday, November 7 when someone kicked or knocked over several parts of the wall into the garden of the property.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
'Police have been conducting house to house enquiries, including leafleting homes in the area, and are stepping up patrols but are asking anyone with information to call the Lowestoft North SNT on 101,' a police spokesman said.