Extra police patrols to tackle vandalism in Lowestoft
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Lowestoft after a spate of vandalism.
The Lowestoft North Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are seeking witnesses after a number of walls in the Woods Loke/Higher Drive area were damaged in the past fortnight.
There have been at least five incidents since Saturday, November 5 where walls have been pushed or kicked over and officers are working to try to trace those responsible.
Among the incidents are:
• Pillars and brickwork being knocked from walls outside three homes at Woods Loke West between 5pm on Tuesday, November 15 and 8am last Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
• Bricks being pulled from the top of a wall around a home at Woods Loke West between 10pm on Monday, November 14 and 7.30am on Tuesday and then thrown into the garden.
• Damage was also caused to a brick wall outside an address in Higher Drive between 9.30am on Saturday, November 5 and 2.30pm on Monday, November 7 when someone kicked or knocked over several parts of the wall into the garden of the property.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash
'Police have been conducting house to house enquiries, including leafleting homes in the area, and are stepping up patrols but are asking anyone with information to call the Lowestoft North SNT on 101,' a police spokesman said.