Extra police patrols to tackle vandalism in Lowestoft
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Lowestoft after a spate of vandalism.
The Lowestoft North Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are seeking witnesses after a number of walls in the Woods Loke/Higher Drive area were damaged in the past fortnight.
There have been at least five incidents since Saturday, November 5 where walls have been pushed or kicked over and officers are working to try to trace those responsible.
Among the incidents are:
• Pillars and brickwork being knocked from walls outside three homes at Woods Loke West between 5pm on Tuesday, November 15 and 8am last Wednesday.
• Bricks being pulled from the top of a wall around a home at Woods Loke West between 10pm on Monday, November 14 and 7.30am on Tuesday and then thrown into the garden.
• Damage was also caused to a brick wall outside an address in Higher Drive between 9.30am on Saturday, November 5 and 2.30pm on Monday, November 7 when someone kicked or knocked over several parts of the wall into the garden of the property.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 6 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 7 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash
'Police have been conducting house to house enquiries, including leafleting homes in the area, and are stepping up patrols but are asking anyone with information to call the Lowestoft North SNT on 101,' a police spokesman said.