Factory fire smoulders on
A HUGE blaze continues to burn today at the site of a meat factory in Lowestoft.Roads surrounding Wessex Foods factory remain closed this morning after fire broke out on Sunday evening.
A HUGE blaze continues to burn today at the site of a meat factory in Lowestoft.
Roads surrounding Wessex Foods factory remain closed this morning after fire broke out on Sunday evening.
Almost 100 firefighters from across Suffolk tackled the huge blaze and crews are still on scene as smoke continues to billow from the middle of the building.
The fire burned throughout the centre of the building yesterday as fifteen fire crews from across the county fought the worst of the flames, which had taken hold of the single-storey meat production factory.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said Hadenham Road and Tower Road would stay closed today and nearby residents are advised to 'shut all windows and doors as necessary.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy