Fair held in Southwold a success
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.
The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
Children's activities were provided by Waveney Valley Woodcraft Folk and there was also encouragement to use more sustainable transport provided by Light Electric Vehicles which had a range of electrically assisted bicycles for the public to test ride.
In the evening there was a winter gig with a range of bands including Murphys Lore, East Coast Blues Band, The Vegas Fame Index and The Vagaband.
You may also want to watch:
Waveney Greenpeace meets once a month at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay. Meetings are usually held on the third Monday of the month at 7.30pm.
The next meeting on Monday March 16 will feature Peter Wilkinson as a guest speaker. Mr Wilkinson co-founded Greenpeace UK in 1977 and has led Greenpeace expeditions to the Antarctic.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 3 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 4 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 5 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 6 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
He will primarily talk about the issue of nuclear waste and but will have slides from a broad cross section of his work with Greenpeace.
The group's late summer fair is scheduled for Sunday September 6 at Hulver Farm at St Michael South Elmham.