Fair held in Southwold a success
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.
The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
Children's activities were provided by Waveney Valley Woodcraft Folk and there was also encouragement to use more sustainable transport provided by Light Electric Vehicles which had a range of electrically assisted bicycles for the public to test ride.
In the evening there was a winter gig with a range of bands including Murphys Lore, East Coast Blues Band, The Vegas Fame Index and The Vagaband.
You may also want to watch:
Waveney Greenpeace meets once a month at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay. Meetings are usually held on the third Monday of the month at 7.30pm.
The next meeting on Monday March 16 will feature Peter Wilkinson as a guest speaker. Mr Wilkinson co-founded Greenpeace UK in 1977 and has led Greenpeace expeditions to the Antarctic.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
He will primarily talk about the issue of nuclear waste and but will have slides from a broad cross section of his work with Greenpeace.
The group's late summer fair is scheduled for Sunday September 6 at Hulver Farm at St Michael South Elmham.