Fair held in Southwold a success
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.
The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
Children's activities were provided by Waveney Valley Woodcraft Folk and there was also encouragement to use more sustainable transport provided by Light Electric Vehicles which had a range of electrically assisted bicycles for the public to test ride.
In the evening there was a winter gig with a range of bands including Murphys Lore, East Coast Blues Band, The Vegas Fame Index and The Vagaband.
You may also want to watch:
Waveney Greenpeace meets once a month at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay. Meetings are usually held on the third Monday of the month at 7.30pm.
The next meeting on Monday March 16 will feature Peter Wilkinson as a guest speaker. Mr Wilkinson co-founded Greenpeace UK in 1977 and has led Greenpeace expeditions to the Antarctic.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
He will primarily talk about the issue of nuclear waste and but will have slides from a broad cross section of his work with Greenpeace.
The group's late summer fair is scheduled for Sunday September 6 at Hulver Farm at St Michael South Elmham.