Fair held in Southwold a success
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
THE fifth annual Waveney Greenpeace winter fair took place at the weekend in Southwold.
The twin event saw a daytime fair take place on Saturday at St Edmunds Hall with stalls, live music, green information, and organic food and drinks and bar.
Children's activities were provided by Waveney Valley Woodcraft Folk and there was also encouragement to use more sustainable transport provided by Light Electric Vehicles which had a range of electrically assisted bicycles for the public to test ride.
In the evening there was a winter gig with a range of bands including Murphys Lore, East Coast Blues Band, The Vegas Fame Index and The Vagaband.
Waveney Greenpeace meets once a month at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay. Meetings are usually held on the third Monday of the month at 7.30pm.
The next meeting on Monday March 16 will feature Peter Wilkinson as a guest speaker. Mr Wilkinson co-founded Greenpeace UK in 1977 and has led Greenpeace expeditions to the Antarctic.
- 1 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 2 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 3 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 4 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 5 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 6 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 7 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 8 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 9 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 10 Coastal town residents urged to vote on future regeneration plan
He will primarily talk about the issue of nuclear waste and but will have slides from a broad cross section of his work with Greenpeace.
The group's late summer fair is scheduled for Sunday September 6 at Hulver Farm at St Michael South Elmham.