Falconry display to swoop into care home in Oulton Broad during open event
- Credit: Archant
Families are being invited to bring their children along to Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage in Gorleston Road, Oulton Broad next week for a close encounter with wildlife not usually found in Lowestoft.
The Kingsley Healthcare care home is hosting an open event from 1pm to 5pm on Tuesday so the public can share a wild time with residents.
Glenn Morris, from Woodbridge-based Suffolk Falconry and Hawking, is visiting the home to show and talk about a variety of birds.
He said: 'There is plenty of room in the gazebo we are using so there will be an opportunity for people to hold the birds and have their photographs taken with them.'
Home manager Lynn Carter said: 'Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage has a wonderful homely environment and having events contributes to this, as it enables our residents to keep that important connection within their own community.'
You may also want to watch:
She said visitors would also be invited to share afternoon tea.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 5 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 6 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 7 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success